Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Abstract conceptualization

With those images I searched for in the research part of this assignment was that within those images, it was mostly plain and black and white in quite a few. and to make it better I would firstly make it colourful, but not just randomly bright colours but colours that I think would suit it and make it look more real and attractive to any audience. I'm not saying that black and white is dull or bad but I think in some of those images the black and white let down the image considerably. As for just being flat, 2d images, it could be made into a real object and within that object would be the illusion as in the case of the multistability image of the pretty/old lady, it would have been very interesting if it was made into maybe a type of statue that was made just of the head and shoulders. The images that actually did have colour though, none of them had a natural colour to them which I found quite disappointing. As for the images that seemed dull and boring I think if it had a purpose other that the image it would have made it more interesting, like for the emergent box, instead of boring lines it could have been made out to be a see through windowed room with little bojects inside or something. At the moment I'm not too sure what to do in the terms of concepts but I still wish to concentrate on reification and maybe multistability or invariance? But definitely using digital means to do so.

2 comments:

Dr Alpha Lee said...

Is an attractive one more important or one that help user to identify the illusion or one that is novel in terms of idea? think about this.

May said...

i think one illusionary image that is more attractive would lure the audience closer to the image, as it gives it more interest and therefore see the illusion within, after luring the attention. If, however, I had to choose between the attraction of the image of the identity of the illusion I would have to say the identity of illusion. The attraction I talk of would not be purely just attraction but for a cause to make it more interesting