Thursday, August 2, 2007

tree experimentation notes

Although my paper model was quite good, as I attemped using hard cardboard the material was too hard to cut through especially cuting thorugh the branches and the balsa wood was too fragile, I also attemped using mesh chicken wire type material, but did not work out as wen I tried to cuting it to the particular shape the small strings of wire would come out and disfigure the shape as well as the sharp edges were quite dangerous as well. With that material, I thought I could give the tree abit of a more realistic nature but it did not work out. I do wish to use the balsa wood and the cardboard, so if i were to do so, I would probably try to find a slightly stronger wood yet not too strong and maybe use the same cardboard but with a easier branch shape to cut with. maybe for the smaller trees that are involved.

No comments: