Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Gestalt- multistability (illusion)




I find these images really interesting as they are illusions and they seem as though they move within the image as you focus on one thing but then your eyes can also see the other as well.
The second one interesting me more as the although you can see the faces by the vase you can also see it very much more clearly in the shadow it produces and the way it uses the shadow of its form to show it better. All of these in which they all change in the way you percieve it. you can see it one way and then see something else within the same image.
In these images the box did not impress me at all as it is dull and are just lines, and had nothing at all to make it interesting and was only black and white. The pretty/old lady picture however I found quite interesting but the thing that let it down was that it was as plain as the box. no colour and attraction as much as it could have. The vase with two faces around it I found intriguing though, and I liked it as the shadow elaborated the shape of the two images that made up the multistability, and wasn't just a 2d image like all my other images but involved the 3d object aswell.

No comments: