Thursday, August 16, 2007

reification2


These images are used in a way that the other shapes surrounding the image actually forms the image which I find quite interesting. As odd and plain shapes form it. I found these images from http://www.interaction-design.org/encyclopedia/gestalt_principles_of_form_perception.html where these images have actually been found from an actual logo and book cover. These being reification. The shapes around are not joined together but forms a shape.
The two that most interest me at the moment being reification and invariance. As I like the idea of forming something out of something so simple as random shapes and making things that are not connected but form something.
With these images I liked the fact that aswell as being colourful and attracting, these also had a purpose not just an image but a logo and a cover of a book aswell

No comments: